Monday 16 July 2012

Final Piece



I started by scanning in the polystyrene printing I did and experimenting with it in Photoshop. I then positioned the spray painted image I did , changing the contrast, hue and and colouring. Then I moved onto Amy Hunter cover-line cutting letters from all of the different typefaces I made during experimentation. Instead  of just using one font I ended up using a combination and altering the size for the best effect. I also created a copy so I could layer up the font. In the end I settled for an yellow drop shadow effect as this looked best with the purple (they are opposite on the colour wheel so are complementary colours). 
I used the same yellow for the ink splash effect and then lowered the opacity to make certain aspects more prominent on the page. Also I altereed the blending modes to make all of the colours on the page interact more.



The above slideshow shows the progression of my final piece double page spread. The main focus of change was text and shaping it around the pull quote. I changed from having a circular pull quote text box, to a slightly offset parallelogram one as this looked more edgy (in-keeping with the more grungy feel) and also suited the pull quote better in terms of shaping around the characters. 

Also, you can see how I altered the colour scheme of the page so it matched the front cover. I manipulated some sprays I did and scanned in, them layered them up on top of the text and image to create the finished effect. For the blue spray in the bottom right hand corner I literally only used the fine edges of a spray splash to add some more interest to the plain purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment